Operation and maintenance (O&M) services for solar and wind farm
Most solar panel operation and maintenance (O&M) processes require periodic checks for ensuring optimal performance and security. The frequency and degree of solar array monitoring and solar panel maintenance are reliant on the installation type, system configuration and location of the commercial solar power system in use.
Yearly inspections are recommended by companies providing solar maintenance in India. Apart from inspecting PV systems regularly, it is also important to carry out inspections when their ownership changes.
Who performs solar panel O&M?
Solar PV systems’ maintenance processes are best carried out by qualified installers or service technicians who are conversant with PV components and their safety procedures. These providers of solar panel maintenance services take care of the full range of PV maintenance processes that include:
- Carrying out visual inspections
- Conducting verifications of the PV system operations
- Taking corrective actions
- Monitoring and verifying how effective the corrective actions are, etc.
Appropriately skilled field personnel and strong engineering capabilities of IPC E&C
Processes involved in the maintenance of solar power systems
Popular packages encompass processes involved in the maintenance of solar panels and solar power plants; such as:
- The timely and regular cleaning of solar cells and PV panels
- Regular maintenance of all thermal-based components
- Servicing of HT side equipment on an annual basis
- Diagnosis and tests pertaining to low solar power production
- Testing and upkeep of circuits
- Tracing of IV curves and thermal imaging
- Measure of earth value
- Management of warranties
- System checks pertaining to data acquisition, etc.
Services provided by solar panel maintenance companies
As far as solar PV systems’ uptime management is concerned, the companies involved in solar panel operation and maintenance offer:
- Data interpretation and collection of data in real time
- Monitoring of energy production on a consistent basis
- Critical as well as non-critical repairs
- Analysis of trends and KPIs in order to ensure continuous improvement
- Selection of specific key performance indicators to minimize cost while delivering the best possible system performance in the face of varying conditions
- Management of inventory, spare parts, etc.
- The tracking of solar power generation logs and updating document service histories
- Optimization of balance between yield, cash flows and costs of scheduled maintenance, etc.
- Remote or on-site sensing of the various environmental conditions impacting the PV system being maintained
- Assessment of components and inverters to ascertain whether they have to be repaired or restored
- Identification of safety issues, etc.
Companies taking up the responsibility of monitoring the operations and managing solar rooftops’ upkeep provide 24/7 customer support via their network operations centre. They offer in-depth business insights in the form of value-added services to their corporate customers and industry-based clients.
Why do we need solar PV O&M companies?
The need for regular and optimum management of solar panels has made it essential for industries to bank upon the expertise of solar PV O&M companies. In India, there are several solar power maintenance companies with engineers who have undergone extensive solar maintenance training and are well equipped to maintain the upkeep of PV systems and perform corrective measures as and when needed.
As a professional EPC general contractor, IPC E&C support Clients from the initial phase of project development, including support for obtaining licenses and permits, support ease procedures with Vietnamese local authorities at provincial level, EVN, MOIT, Government…until maintenance and operation (O&M) for energy plant.
IPC can provide this O&M for solar power plant or wind power plant independently for projects where IPC is not the EPC contractor.
Admin TVo (Reference source: Green energy news)